Skip to main content

Featured

Making a New Junk Journal ~ Part 2 ~ Starting on the Collage Master Board

In this video, I start work on the collage master board. First I chose pretty papers I found on Ali Express (I'll link to them below) as well as some other background papers: lined notebook paper, dictionary page, vintage music and the patterned end paper from the vintage encyclopedia.  Feel free to enjoy the video here on my blog but I would love it if you'd hop over to YouTube to like, comment or subscribe to my channel. Thanks for joining me in the studio ~  Enjoy!  

Purple, Black and Gunmetal Gray - Intuitive mark-making for a new book

 I have been having some fun with intuitive mark-making in a color palette not typically seen in my studio: purple, black and gunmetal gray. I got so excited splattering, swiping, swishing and stenciling that I forgot to take photos of the back sides of these papers but I did decorate both sides before tearing them into pages for the book. Well, I hope you will enjoy the in-progress photos I managed to take! I'm hoping to get some binding done today! We'll see...




Here is the first paper torn to make pages - you can see hints of the art from the other side

More pages torn and ready to go!

A close-up of my favorite!

Picking out fibers for the woven strap. I later decided some black and gray were needed...

All the pages torn and divided into signatures!

Comments